Friday 6 April 2012

Am I too old be playing in the mud???

So, I've been wearing my hair straight for the past 3 weeks, the main reason being, I just didn't know what to do with it! Not really the greatest of ideas, my hairs been feeling weird lately, like not her usual self and I couldn't put my finger on what the problem was. So after nearly itching my scalp red raw (my hairs used to weekly washes, 3 weeks was really pushing it) I thought I'd browse YouTube and see if I could come up with some ideas. After watching a few videos I decided to give my hair a pamper day so here's what I did:

A hot oil treatment- applied on dry hair I mixed together olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil and sweet almond oil and a clove of garlic. Left on for 30 min.

Then washed with my rhassoul clay which I mixed with warm water, hair felt so soft after but I didn't stop there.

I then mixed hair mayo with honey and a bit more rhassoul clay (yes it can also be mixed into your conditioner) and left that on with a plastic cap for 2 hours.

Problem now is i haven't got a leave in or moisturiser i think I've found the issue with my regime. I think thats why my hairs dry, so the quest is to know find a good leave in and moisturiser.

As for the rhassoul clay i love it, i used the remaining clay mix as a mask and washed my body with the rest. Yes for those who don't know rhassoul clay can be used as a cleanser. Ive decided to alternate between my keracare sulfate free shampoo and rhassoul clay for my weekly washes... In the meantime can anyone suggest a god leave in conditioner and moisturiser, by the way I'm allergic to phenoxyethanol which doesn't help so I'm open yo natural recipes too. X

No comments:

Post a Comment