Friday 8 June 2012

Food glorious food

So as the name of blog suggests I will be covering all (maybe not all lol) but many of the things I like, dislike and want to try out.

Along with learning to understand my hair and doing events (visit my other blog trueambienceevents.blogspot.co.uk) I also enjoy cooking and eating :-)

So I've decided to incorporate the concoctions I prepare in the kitchen to the blog. I'm actually quite annoyed as I've had a busy cooking week but failed to take any pictures. I've now made a mental note to take pics of the things I do and may even buy a better camera, as I dont think the iPhone. Camera is that great (shopaholic - any excuse will do lol)

So on Tuesday I made some tasty BBQ chicken, well I'd like to say BBQ but I went off on a tangent, it ended up being honey mustard chicken and it was delicious. To make things clear I'm a tasting type of cook/chef, I sometimes use recipes as a skeleton and then veer off and do my own thing until it tastes the way I want it. Tbh this works for me even if I end up putting all sorts of random ingredients in the mix. Anyway back to the chicken I ended up serving it with mash- which I love and a rocket, Parmesan and tomato salad.

Am i ashamed to say I made this meal for one? HELL NO, sometimes in life you need to do things for yourself, that's what I felt for so I went ahead and made it. Greedy but tasty! Lol

But if it means anything I also spent that week baking melt in the middle chocolate cupcakes for the other half - he ate all of them- greedy little pig lol! I also made dark choc chip cookies and white chocolate with cranberry cookies for my colleagues at work - aren't I an angel... I know, i know lol, I'll take pictures next time xxx

Ps: I also made some cornmeal porridge a Caribbean staple and totally delicious- this picture came out quite dark but I thought I'd add it anyway.

Anyway adios - sweet dreams and foodie thoughts x

No comments:

Post a Comment